As an entrepreneur, just remember the phrase that says that you get what you pay for — if it’s free, then there will be restrictions that’ll hinder the growth of both your website as well as your business.
For example, you can’t monetize a free blog. What does this mean? In its simplest form, you can’t make money from a free blog. It goes against the Terms of Service you agree to when you activate your free account.
That alone should steer you clear of these free accounts. As a business owner, why would you want to have a website that doesn’t allow you to make money? It just doesn’t make sense.
My motto is that blogs and websites are assets that you own and grow. A free blog is not an asset. Plus, you don’t own it — which brings me to my next point.
Everything that you publish to a free account is not yours. So as you aggressively attempt to build your web presence, just remember that if you’re building it on a free service, it’s all in vain. Since you don’t own or rent the space, whomever does also owns the content and can shut you down anytime they feel like it. That’s not a scenario you want to deal with as a business owner.
Following are five more reasons why a self-hosted blog wins hands down:
- Full Theme Support: You can use custom/commercial themes, plus all other free themes that exists. You can modify, customize, or do anything that you like with your site with no limitations. With a free blog, you’re not allowed to use custom/commercial themes.
- All Plugins Allowed: A self-hosted blog is under your control. Therefore, you can upload any plugin you want. With a free blog, you are not allowed to upload any custom/commercial plugins.
- Ability to Sell Ads: A self-hosted blog allows you to monetize your site. So, if you want, you can sell as many ads you want on your website. A free blog doesn’t allow you to do this since it’s against their Terms of Service.
- Full Control: Since you own the site with a self-hosted blog, you are in full control of its content, monetization strategy, et cetera. In other words, you’re the boss and can call the shots on what needs to be done with the site. A free blog doesn’t allow this.
- Your Own Brand: You can create your own brand using your domain name, your theme, your own favicon, et cetera. Plus, you retain ownership of ALL content published to your self-hosted blog. You can’t do this with a free blog service.
So, as you can see, a self-hosted blog is a no brainer. It provides you with complete control from day one so that you can concentrate on building your business instead of being restricted by someone else’s Terms of Service.
Are you ready to get started with YOUR self-hosted blog?
Then, head on over to our home page, enter your name and email address, and we’ll be in touch shortly.